Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a User Interface Architect work with a team of UI and software engineers, business partners and Management, to develop architectural models for customer-facing web applications which meet current and future needs of the organization in an innovative, consistent, efficient, sustainable, flexible, and agile manner. Responsible for code quality, and software development and deployment processes, this position should have a strong architecture, design & development background in large scale enterprise product/applications, pattern library & design systems, systems integrations, package implementation and interactive design.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available, but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the newest technology to solve complex problems.
- Lead efforts to define future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices; Responsible for key system design and integration decisions and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
- Apply consultative approach to assist with functional and operational procedural planning and design when implementing new systems and/or product improvements
- Owner of reviewing requirements, architecture and design components of ongoing and upcoming projects; Coordinating coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Work with solutions architect(s) to provide enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever-changing business needs
- Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices and tools for design, development, testing and management of web-based applications; delivering amazing experiences to our customers
- Cross-team collaboration to ensure projects run smoothly and efficiently remote and local teams toward successful project delivery
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings
- 5+ years of experience in web application development
- 3+ years as an architect with design, development, and deployment experience for enterprise scale organizations
- Experienced with REST web services
- Demonstrate a proficiency of tiered architecture and concepts with a shown ability to lead client discussions on architecture
- Experienced with the application of responsive web design concepts on multiple projects
- Knowledge of browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for search engine optimization
- Must be able to quickly grasp the application’s overarching design and ensure development is executed in accordance with present design
- Excellent knowledge of standard development processes and agile methodologies
- Experience with GIT
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment Technical Skills:
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based hosting platforms
- Experience building, maintaining and working with component/pattern libraries and style guides
- Experience with Ecommerce platforms (Hybris preferred) and CMS frameworks.
We are an E-Verify employer.