R&D Software Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Does a chance to explore and develop new possibilities for cycling technology intrigue you? Are you interested in being a part of a team that is looking to utilize the latest technologies to create new experiences for tomorrows cyclists? This role will provide a unique opportunity to help dream up and develop features that motivate and empower our future customers.
- Play a central role in providing technical guidance and support in working with our creative and passionate team of engineers, product managers, industrial designers, graphic designers, and brand managers.
- Bring skills and experiences that will help lead Trek in creating the next meaningful and innovative products in the bike industry.
- Utilize software tools to help conceptualize new feature ideas and translate them into real world solutions
- Work closely with team members to support research and development of UX/UI design concepts
- Be immersed in an environment that is constantly seeking out creative solutions to customer problems.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years professional experience in the design of related products
- Execution experience of multiple project cycles from design through production.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to solving open ended technical problems. A drive to innovate!
- Willingness to develop strong working relationships and communication with an international team and travel as required.
- Strong passion for continuous improvement to product, processes, and yourself
- Ability to take on multiple projects with the appropriate level of delegation and time management
- Work with platforms like Visual Studio Mobile Center (HockeyApp), TestFlight and similar tools.
- Build and maintain simple and intuitive APIs’
- Capable of breaking down the technical requirements needed to develop connected feature solutions
- Functional experience & knowledge of cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc…).
- Experience with SDK’s used to create applications on iOs and Android platforms
- Has experience in working with teams to analyze problems, gather necessary specifications, generating options and proposing solutions for execution
- Motivated to work within a flexible R&D focused environment
- Capable of dissecting functional requirements and communicating options for effective MVP rollout
- Support user testing and debugging efforts
ALSO OF INTEREST!
- Experience with embedded firmware development and wireless design protocols
- Experience implementing chip-vendor APIs
- Experience with implementing BLE and ANT+ wireless communication protocols
We are an E-Verify employer.