Sustainability Engineer Co-Op
Are you looking for a great company to work for and use the information you’ve gained in school? Well Trek and this opportunity might just be it for you! Our intern/co-ops will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced and knowledgeable individuals in the field.
Think you have what it takes to intern/co-op at the best bike company in the world? This co-op will provide you with the opportunity to put your coursework to use in practical applications. The job grows or shrinks depending on your true capabilities.
Check out the detailed job description below and apply today if you have the skills and drive to take on the responsibilities!
This will be a least 6-month co-op, starting as early as January 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help establish clear goals for the product development team to create innovative products while reducing our environmental impact and helping to heal the earth.
- Benchmark best-in-class life cycle analysis practices to serve as examples for the development of internal processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and document a product sustainability scorecard for use in Trek’s product development process.
- Work with Trek’s suppliers to document materials, chemicals and processes used in the production of our products to identify “hot spots” and serve as a baseline for establishing goals and metrics for future improvement.
- Graduate student in a sustainability-related field.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience assessing sustainability of consumer hardgoods.
- The ability to work with people at all levels of an organization.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
We are an E-Verify employer.