PLM Business Analyst
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The PLM Business Analyst acts as a holistic partner to the business community with an integrative approach to processes, data and systems across functional groups and sub-groups. This specific role will be specializing in the sourcing and supply chain aspects of Trek’s PLM environment and tying those business units into the overarching product development space. This role has the experience and deep industry or technical knowledge to be an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business community. We are also open to this position being fully remote!
- Demonstrate the characteristics of Trek’s culture, (curious intelligence, kind optimism, strong work ethic, high integrity, and stewardship to name a few) and model the associated behaviors.
- Partner with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements and their conversion to functional and technical requirements.
- Advocate and implement better processes, promote effective data utilization, and master data management.
- Continually develop new process models to keep up with new and different business processes in the functional area.
- Analyze, document, and test technical development, logic, process flows, and specifications in context of projects as well as support of existing systems.
- Partner with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing, document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures. Promote user adoption and user experience through training, consultation, and support of existing functionality.
- Mentor and guide team members in adopting best practices and methodologies around business analysis and their functional area of expertise.
- Coordinate the project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, communications, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an analyst, preferably business analyst, with a focus on processes and relevant systems is required
- Ability to initiate, nurture and maintain relationships with individuals in business and IT.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of business process concepts; includes process mapping, process design, and performance measurement.
- Experience with business process modeling techniques such as flow charts, unified modeling language.
- Understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Experience with implementing components of a supply chain technology stack to meet business needs.
- Functional business experience in Supply Chain, Quality and Engineering data/processes (supplier onboarding, MRP and PO, RFQ/quoting, supplier recovery, APQP, parts, bills of material, CAD, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to describe problems from customer perspective and present solutions in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft SQL is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- Experience with Confluence/Jira is a plus
- Analytical/Process minded AND creative thinker
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Patient and open minded
- Ability to find new ways to communicate
- Positive, collaborative, inclusive and flexible
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong follow through
- Bi/Multi-Lingual a plus (English, German, Mandarin)
- This position will be remote, but preferred to be onsite at Headquarters in Waterloo, WI
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we continue to take extra steps and precautions to keep our employees and customers safe. We are now requiring that all employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated with the exception of a medical or religious exemption.
We are an E-Verify employer.