Trek is headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, but this position will sit out of our location in San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in bicycle design and manufacturing. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek and Bontrager brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people.
Vision: We believe in bikes. Bikes are a simple solution to complex problems.
Mission: We create products we love. We take care of our customers.
Values: We put the best team on the field. We get things done fast, turning ideas into reality. We actively seek new ideas from anywhere. We deal with reality and make the tough calls. We inspire others with our positive energy.
- The financial controller will be responsible for the finance function within the subsidiary business in Mexico.
- Overall responsibility will include all aspects of Financial and Management reporting for the Mexican business as well as involvement in retailer business education.
- The financial controller will work with a cross-functional team to ensure the business runs efficiently and profitably.
- Being the country financial controller of an international organization, there will be occasions which require working outside normal business hours to attend teleconferences or meetings.
- Planning and Execution of the financial and fiscal structure for Trek operations in Mexico.
- Manage the finance, accounting, financial reporting, internal audit, risk management, operating and capital budget, tax, payroll, information technology and reporting systems.
- Lead and support budget development and performance metrics.
- Develop, analyze, package, and implement strategic projects.
- Perform timely and insightful financial and operational analyses, and present the related data.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA.
- Bilingual, with fluency in American English required.
- Experience in audit, controls and financial reports.
- 8 year+ accounting experience in commerce/business.
- Experience in completing IVA and Payroll tax lodgments.
- Practical general finance, tax and accounting experience.
- Experience in explaining accounting concepts to non-accountants.
- Experience supervising other staff members and conducting training sessions.
- US GAAP & IFRS
We are an E-Verify employer.