Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle Corporation in Waterloo, WI is seeking to hire a Business Intelligence Engineer. Here at Trek you have the opportunity to work alongside the best in the business, experience the real world, and have fun while doing so.
This person will be responsible for supporting and developing BI solutions that drive business efficiency and optimization. We are looking for a strong candidate capable of working independently without close supervision. As an Engineer II, you will be directly responsible for your work, technical direction as well as technical standard. To be a successful employee you must also have the ability to effectively communicate with and work in a collaborative environment.
The Business Intelligence team at Trek utilizes the latest and greatest BI tools available on the market. From Azure SQL DW, Azure Data Lake Store, SQL 2019 and the rest of the Azure stack, our team provides a critical business need that drives business decisions across the organization. The BI team is fast paced and fun team.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple conflicting requirements with high attention to detail.
- Ability to take analyst requirements in an Agile environment and deliver BI solutions to spec.
- Ability to develop and deliver solutions using Microsoft Azure Datalake, SQL DW, Databricks etc. This includes design, development, test and production support
- Ensures data and analytical solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule. Responsible for the development, documentation, and compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, platform and framework specific design concerns.
- Ensure data accuracy and data integrity by actively identifying problems/issues.
- Implement advanced and leading-edge solutions in collaboration with developers and analysts.
- Implement routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
- Adhere to good systems development methodology.
- Provided technical and procedural support for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Provide input into the technical architecture and the data warehouse technology stack
- Ensure performance by providing ongoing maintenance support through SQL query tuning and optimization
- Provide ongoing support for all current BI projects and provide status updates to management as needed.
- Participate in agile development teams, including interacting with both business analysts and end users to come up with well performing and scalable solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for learning and growing in the role.
Qualifications and education requirements
- Participation in local user SQL or BI user groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Experience with Data modeling, SQL, ETL , Data Warehousing and Data lakes
- Experience in writing SQL scripts, Microsoft Analysis Services, Microsoft Integration Services, MDX, DAX.
- Experience with enterprise-class Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Experience with an enterprise class RDBMS
- Experience with Visual Studio Data projects and deployments
- Production experience with Azure Data services
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Must be able to work with remote team members.
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision, with excellent problem-solving skills
- .Net Development experience in C# a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum) a plus
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.