Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Right Product, Right Place, Right Time
Who wouldn’t love to buy cool bike parts every day? Do you enjoy crunching numbers and communicating your awesome ideas? Do you turn your head every time you see a sweet bike? If yes, you might be the perfect fit for our Buyer position!
Trek Bicycle’s Forecasting department is looking for a downright awesome person to join the team as a Buyer. Working in collaboration with the purchasing managers and the cycling industry’s best companies, this Rockstar will execute Trek’s aftermarket buying strategy. Researching trends and staying up on the industry’s latest advancements, the Buyer will deliver an amazing line of aftermarket products. The ultimate goal for this position is to create value for Trek’s independently owned and corporate owned stores by being a one-stop-shop for all of their cycling product needs.
- Assist Purchasing Managers with product forecasts, demand plans and related inventory levels
- Create, submit and maintain purchase orders with supplier partners and maintain ETAs
- Responsible for staying up to date on category intelligence
- Assist in part setup and attribute setup
- Generate and utilize reports with available business analytics tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Fun and flexible attitude with strong desire to exceed goals and expectation
- Experience in purchasing, forecasting, or demand planning preferred
- Technical knowledge of bicycles preferred
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management and suppliers
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive knowledge of Excel preferred. Knowledge of JDE, demand planning software, and web-based analysis tools a plus
- Occasional domestic travel
We are an E-Verify employer.