Senior Electronics Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
We are looking for a talented electronics engineer to help propel a fast moving and high performing development team to the next level. This position would involve working with a product development team to deliver hardware and firmware on production and R&D projects
Technical Job Requirements:
- 5+ years experience developing hardware and firmware for consumer electronics products.
- Generate schematics that meet customer needs.
- Experience with PCB design including mechanical constraints and design for manufacturing/test.
- Design of linear and switching power supplies.
- Experience with low power design.
- Experience operating oscilloscopes and other electronic measuring equipment.
- Experience with communication protocols including USB, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- Experience with ARM, MSP430, PIC or similar microcontrollers.
- Familiar with design of RF products, including 2.4GHz Bluetooth, ANT+, etc.
- Basic understanding of controls, including PID and similar systems.
- Generates required documentation in accordance to the requirements of the Trek development process.
Other Required Skills:
- Proactively seeks out innovative solutions and research and development opportunities
- Communicates well within the cross functional teams at Trek
- Helps to develop best design practices within the department
- Brings a continuous improvement mindset to his/her job
- Experience prototyping with surface mounted electronic parts
- Assist design engineering as needed with component datasheet review and schematic design review
- Proficient in writing software in C/C++
- Experience operating oscilloscopes and other electronic measuring equipment
- Experience reading electronics schematics
- Low-level C programming, including interrupts and state machines
- Experience with App development for Android and/or iOS at any level
- Experience working in an Agile team environment delivering high quality work in short iterations.
- Solidworks Experience
- Experience with implementing USB, Bluetooth, ANT+ or other communication protocols
- Experience configuring and implementing embedded GPS modules
- Worked with Microsoft Azure, i.e. IoT Hub, Service Fabric
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.