Assistant General Manager
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a distribution pro! A leader who knows how to have fun, work hard, and make a difference. We service our customers with the highest level of expectation and approach our team with the same level of care. Trek is a lifestyle bicycle brand which takes a different approach to distribution and its team. We understand the value of your time and the balance one needs in life. we want someone who can embrace fun while understanding the importance of delivering the highest level of performance on a consistent basis. If Trek sounds like a company that fits your style, you have the right stuff, and would like a seat on the awesome bus that is Trek - please read on because we would love to hear from you!
Responsible for assisting the Distribution Manager in running the daily operations of Trek Bicycle’s Distribution Center, a 250,000 sq. ft. facility located in Johnson Creek, WI. This position will supervise 3 Warehouse Operations Managers and approximately 75 employees and is responsible for all aspects of safety, performance, continuous improvement, employee engagement, and quality initiatives for the building The Assistant Distribution Manager has ever expanding responsibilities and may include occasional travel between distribution sites and potential for international travel.
- Assist the Distribution Manager in providing leadership, communication, managing logistics and creating effective teamwork throughout the Distribution Center.
- Helping establish, reinforce, track, and measure safety, quality, and performance goals for the Distribution Center.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in cooperation with the leadership team.
- Develop and institutionalize standard work across the Trek DC network.
- Maintain the physical condition of the Distribution, grounds, and material handling equipment.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures to comply with legal and company requirements.
- Communicates with other department personnel to ensure coordination of Distribution Center activities with activities of other functions such as sales, records control and purchasing.
- Assume full responsibility in the absence of the Distribution Manager.
- Prior supervisory experience (3 – 5 years) in operations/distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective team building skills and a proven track record of success.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
- Good organizational skills and flexibility in a changing work environment.
- Advanced to Intermediate skills in MS Office software.
Competitive salary and bonus
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $10,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts (Many major outdoor apparel and outdoor equipment companies)
We are an E-Verify employer.