Production Artist - Electra Bicycle Company
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Electra Bicycle Company is looking for an individual to fill a Production Artist role for bikes, accessories and brand materials. Candidates considered for this role need to be extremely organized with strong analytical skills and great attention to detail. Must work well under pressure while thinking in design, technical and manufacturing mindset and work collaboratively with other Designers, factories, Art Director, Design Director and Product Managers. This role requires strong knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and the ability to take art from a 2-dimensional vector drawing to 3-dimensional forms of various sizes, as well as communication of graphic fit and color with many vendors around the world. This position will be based at Electra’s headquarters in Encinitas, CA. and a great working environment and fantastic people are perks to joining the Electra family.
- Work collaboratively with other Designers, Painters, the Art Director, Design Director and Product Managers.
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Take art from a 2-dimensional stage and translate that art to a 3-dimensional fit for finished products in various sizes.
- Build and communicate placement guides to inform factories of graphics intentions and expectations.
- Verify and maintain multiple color samples sent from vendors in different materials and provide timely and accurate feedback if needed.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to find manufacture-able solutions for complex design elements.
- Send out sample materials to vendors.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Work with a fun group of designers.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
- Ability to stay on task and meet tight deadlines.
- Continuously ask questions and find opportunities for improvement.
- Good organization skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to think in design, technical and in manufacturing mindsets.
- Must have strong Adobe Illustrator knowledge and skills.
- Applied graphic design experience required. Product graphics experience preferred.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and face to face.
- Willingness and ability to travel outside of the US if needed.
It would be awesome, but not mandatory, if the Designer has:
Experience applying graphics to 3D objects.
Knowledge of paint & decal processes.
We are an E-Verify employer.