Product Manager - Apparel
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of Apparel Product Management from strategy and conception through design, development and product launch. This position provides vision and direction for the product line and is ultimately responsible for the timely launch and delivery.
- Responsible for creation of the Product Line, including SKU information, preliminary forecasting, cost targets and key features/benefits.
- Oversee development of the product line in order to hit key targets for product positioning (generally) as well as specific details, functionality and cost (specifically).
- Maintain line logic that will result in the product line meeting targets for performance and business growth using market feedback along with sales and production data.
- Manage daily actions of the development team as well as drive design efforts (internal or external) so that the vision for the line is accurately executed.
- Create and pursue an effective sourcing strategy to align goals for the category.
- Travel for on site development and QC assurance to overseas suppliers (3-5 trips per year).
- Travel to tradeshows, material shows, dealers and partner with vendors to track market trends and innovative materials and constructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director including market research, sales analysis etc.
- 3-5 years of prior Apparel Product Management experience.
- Must have a demonstrated work history of successful team collaboration and the ability to provide direction and make team members feel valued.
- Must have experience with market research and the ability to determine what market needs and demands exist.
- Must have solid vendor relations skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of organization.
- Must display strong organizational skills, be able to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities in a focused but flexible manner.
We are an E-Verify employer.