Lead Sales Associate
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you’ll do
First thing you need to know: this isn’t a typical retail gig. As a Lead Sales Associate, you’ll be on the frontlines helping people have fun by riding bikes. You’ll get to learn about some of the smartest products in the cycling industry, make thoughtful recommendations to your customers, and carry on meaningful relationships with riders in your community. The pace is fast, the customers are curious, and having an all-for-one, customer-centric team mentality is huge. As a lead sales associate, you’ll lead the charge for your shop’s daily sales activities on everything from fulfilling e-commerce orders to merchandising. You’ll set the standard for how your shop is remembered by your customers, and you’ll set an example for other employees by creating an amazing cycling experience for everyone who walks through your doors. This position requires a contagious enthusiasm and the know-how to translate it into sales. The ultimate goal? Build a community of dedicated clients who know you’re the shop they can trust for awesome service.
Sales & E-Commerce = 70%
- Actively lead all store sales activities including customer engagement, Daily Task List completion, and sales monitoring.
- Monitor and fulfill all e-Comm sales relating to your store's inventory, including order & shipment notifications, packing and shipping, and returns and exchanges.
Training = 15%
- Organize and participate in all sales employees training through targeted role plays, secret shop results, observing customer interactions, and more. - Ensure all sales employees complete and implement learnings from Trek University courses, Dave Mitchell sales training material, and any other useful educational tools.
Merchandising = 10%
- Maintain all aspects of store merchandising according to Visual Merchandising Directive, including product placement, price auditing, and product re-stocking.
Product & Promotions = 5%
- Work with the Store Manager to research new products to carry in stores. - Work with the Retail Marketing to plan promotional strategies, set up promotions according to Trek's sales promotion calendar, and monitor promotional ROI.
- A positive, pitch-right-in attitude and motivation to help every customer find what they need
- Fantastic hospitality—a warm, approachable manner, great listening skills, and a drive to help in any way you can—even on the toughest, busiest days
- Great communication with customers and teammates
- A desire to cultivate customer relationships and create your own client base
- A commitment to deliver the best possible cycling experience for each customer
We are an E-Verify employer.