Program Manager - Encinitas BCycle
Program Manager, Encinitas BCycle
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our people, making sure we put the best team on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast--turning ideas into reality.
Trek & BCycle, its bike share subsidiary, are proud to launch Encinitas BCycle in 2021 with an all-electric pedal assist bike fleet. With this launch, Encinitas will join the e-bike revolution, bringing 100+ shared e-bikes to the city and changing the way people move through it.
Encinitas BCycle is looking for a Program Manager to build and lead a fast-paced, customer-focused, fun, inclusive, and hardworking team. The Program Manager will be an organized self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a dynamic environment, works well with a variety of people, and is committed to delivering high quality service. Prospective employees must possess excellent operations, management and customer service skills.
- Deliver on the vision for Encinitas BCycle, and lead your team and business with a combination of will and humility, with a relentless focus on having the best team on the field
- Work with BCycle, LLC and Trek Bicycle to set program Objectives and Key Results
- Build, train and lead, and manage a team of Service Technicians to ensure that Encinitas BCycle’s fleet of electric bikes and stations launch on-time and are a reliable and attractive service for the community
- Be a source of positive energy in all interactions; keep a fun & flexible attitude, and focus efforts on aspects of the business that are in your direct control
- Set high standards for yourself and others; hold people accountable
- Act with a high sense of urgency and get things done fast
- Serve as the public face of Encinitas BCycle for both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead with honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Serve as Program Manager for the Encinitas BCycle launch, leading the process to:
- Work with the City to obtain site permits
- Identifying and working with contractors to prepare sites
- Installing stations
- Assembling bikes
- Hiring technical operations staff members
- Setting up the system back-end administrative site
- Leading community and stakeholder outreach
- Ensure seamless day-to-day operational management of the BCycle bike share system, including:
- Station and dock mechanical and technical performance
- Station power management
- Bike fleet power management and maintenance
- Bike station rebalancing
- Station and bike cleanliness
- Customer service & special event support
- Directly manage and lead team of Service Technicians, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluation
- Manage workshop operations and service vehicle fleet including tool and maintenance parts inventory
- Manage & forecast budget with support from BCycle’s Finance Manager
- Develop and share bike share best practices within the larger BCycle, LLC team
- Help drive product innovation as a key player in BCycle LLC’s product development and testing processes
- Utilize analytics and system software to support operational excellence
- Manage a highly responsive and customer-first approach to service
- Oversee the delivery of high-quality service from BCycle’s third-party customer call center
- Ensure timely response to customer communications across multiple platforms
- As needed, directly communicate with customers in-person, electronically, and over the phone
- Listen to customers: Evaluate metrics to reduce customer issues and increase satisfaction
- Coordinate with customer service and operation feedback to serve the needs of customers
- Perform weekly reporting and analysis to identify opportunities for growth and improvement across the business
- Provide program reporting to BCycle and Trek senior managers
- Build, distribute, and analyze surveys to improve the customer experience
- Develop processes to track metrics and measure growth
- Use internal and external metrics to project growth opportunities
- Develop strategic and focused working relationships with City staff, community leaders, key stakeholders and Trek Bicycle & BCycle LLC
- Grow the business by building partnerships with municipal stakeholders, program sponsors, and community partners
- Develop and implement strategies to drive system ridership, rider retention, and system-generated revenues
Marketing & Communication:
- Work with the team at BCycle LLC to promote the Encinitas BCycle system through public-facing communication, printed materials, website, social media, customer communications, Annual Report, sponsor reports, press releases, and media interaction
Must have great energy, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with all kinds of people in fluid environments.
- Effective leadership and management skills
- High proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn new software.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience directly managing a team of employees.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple parties, including employees, manufacturers, subcontractor(s) and clients.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system.
- Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct under a high-visibility, start-up environment responsible for delivering a 24/7 public transit service.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements of the operations that are in line with industry standards and company initiatives.
- Ability to adapt to changing roles.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record (no major violations in past 5 years; no more than 2 minor in past 3 years).
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. May require on-call support & availability nights and weekends.
- Requires stooping, reaching, biking, and lifting of 60+ pounds.
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
Direct experience leading and managing bike share / micro mobility operations
A familiarity with Bosch e-bike Systems and tech certified or willing to learn about electric systems.
BCycle is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity as a strength. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish the needs of Encinitas BCycle.
We are an E-Verify employer.