QA Manager - Ascend
Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to bicycle retailers across the globe. Through our “Best System. Best Support.” vision, we partner with our retailers to help them to grow, maximize their profitability, and create reliable data for making intelligent business decisions in ten different countries.
Ascend is looking for a talented QA Manager to lead our experienced team of QA Engineers. The manager will be involved in the final approval process for software releases to ensure our retailers continue to receive quality updates, so they can focus on running a profitable business. The person in this position will be expected to understand our product ecosystem, help define strategies to streamline our QA processes, and continuously integrate testing automation into our development process.
- Oversee QA activities, including test planning and execution
- Manage QA budget and resources, including capacity planning, staffing, and sourcing
- Mentor and guide team members through professional and personal growth
- Manage and lead test automation initiatives for efficiency improvement
- Understand the Ascend ecosystem: software applications, customers, sales, support & services
- Work with cross functional teams to promote and advocate quality delivery
- Participate in road map planning and backlog management
- 5+ years of professional experience in QA
- 3+ years working in a managerial role
- Experience testing .NET, web applications, iOS and Android applications.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and best-practices
- Hands-on experience using at least one testing framework
- Experience coding in at least one programming language
- Comfort working with remote teams
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (other relevant experience will be considered)
Other Required Skills
- Communicates well within cross functional teams
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Solid leadership skills with proven ability to influence and garner support for business objectives
- Brings a continuous improvement mindset to his/her job
- Understands the value of continuously shipping software, even if it isn’t perfect
Experience with the following:
- Mobile development for Android and/or iOS
- Cloud-based solutions, particularly Microsoft Azure
- Monitoring production systems
- Performance testing
- Speaking German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, French, or Dutch
We are an E-Verify employer.