Software Product Owner - BCycle
BCycle is Trek's bike share division. We're revolutionizing the way people use public transportation. Bike share is a unique solution to the environmental, health, and transportation infrastructure challenges that face modern communities. It’s our mission to partner with campuses, corporations, and municipalities of all sizes to implement and maintain bike share systems that complement and improve existing transportation infrastructure. We do so with best-in-class bike share equipment and a multi-tier software platform.
The Software Product Owner is responsible for the strategy and execution of the BCycle Software Product vision to support our business initiatives.
A successful candidate in this role is curious, customer focused, methodical and a great communicator. This role works with a variety of partners to understand business requirements, build and maintain the product backlog, and successfully lead agile projects through their respective lifecycles. This position will also provide a clear solution description and outline of product features for easy comprehension and consumption by the development team, scrum team, and business partners. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to set the software vision for a small company operating that is both part of a large, established brand and also part of a rapidly evolving industry.
- Develop & manage product roadmaps for features and capabilities to ensure alignment of business-critical product development efforts with strategic business plans
- Work with customers and sales, product, and operations teams to understand business cases and business goals to execute on the vision
- Partner with and serve as a liaison between IT, product management, business development, other internal partners and external vendors to ensure products are meeting sales strategies and objectives
- Proactively seek out innovative solutions and research and development opportunities to best serve digital goals
- Represent IT on the senior management team, shaping company strategy & decisions
- Manage a Business Analyst Team
- Communicates project and sprint status through a Road Mapping/Demo Meeting with Product Management Managers and select stakeholders
- Project Management
- Assist with the implementation of projects to ensure successful completion within appropriate budget guidelines and project timeline
- Use product lifecycle and agile methodologies to ensure delivery of well aligned, high value solutions
- Play a key part of development events including planning, refinement, review, retrospective, sprints and daily scrums
- Create, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog according to business and product strategy
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and writing user stories
- Evaluate the product progress at the end of every sprint
- Two (2) years or more of experience as a software product manager/owner, technical project experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or other applicable field
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to travel 8-12 times per year
- Positive energy and unmatched ability to get things done
- Worked with Microsoft Azure, i.e. IoT Hub, Service Fabric
- Experience with implementing USB, Bluetooth, ANT+ or other communication protocols
- Experience configuring and implementing embedded GPS modules
- Experience with App development for Android and/or iOS at any level
- Experience & interest in the transportation industry
We are an E-Verify employer.