Marketing Manager - Trek South Africa
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
This individual will use knowledge of the market to localize Trek’s global marketing strategy and implement marketing initiatives to meet organizational objectives.The ideal candidate will be familiar with a creating a marketing strategy, technically skilled in digital marketing and always looking to improve. This position will work with our Trek HQ team to ensure global consistency, be comfortable creating and managing budgets, driving strategy decisions within the department, providing best practices to our dealers and working closely with the senior management team to make high level business decisions.
- Adopt an ownership mentality to develop and implement strategic growth plan for the market
- Localize Trek’s global marketing plan and develop local marketing strategy
- Create and execute annual marketing plan and calendar.
- Work with our retailers on retail marketing campaigns and best practices
- Embrace a continuous improvement philosophy
- Understanding of key financial metrics that drive the business
- Set strategic marketing plans for product launches each year
- Control expenses to meet budget targets
- Be a highly motivated team player that is focused on success
- Experience working with sponsorshops and ambassadors
- Excellent communications skills and ability to listen effectively
- Review and report on market statistics and competitive analysis
- Requires some traveling and weekend work for dealer visits, races, etc.
- The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter that can excel in a fast paced, consultative role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of marketing related experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of web/digital media and marketing best practices.
- Ability to deal with reality and make tough calls
- Customer service focused
- Experience with Microsoft 365 programs - proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive attitude, hands on and can-do mentality
- Fluency in English
- National and International travel required
- Bonus if you have cycling knowledge or are passionate about the sport
We are an E-Verify employer.