Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a talented IT Director to lead technology teams that span various business units. Trek’s office in India is expanding, this role will be responsible for setting strategic direction for the IT teams, managing, hiring and mentoring managers. Some of the areas include Software Development, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Applications (office 365, ServiceNow, etc). You will work closely with stakeholders based in the United States to deliver IT solutions for complex problems.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available, but this position is expected to be onsite majority of the time.
The IT Director will:
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
- Communicate face-to-face with their peers and customers in a participatory environment
- Ensure architectural, business, coding, design, and quality standards are adhered to by both yourself and your team
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work and your team’s
- Stay current with the latest technologies, patterns, and tooling
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup and retrospectives
- Be willing to perform typical managerial duties for a team of managers such as performance reviews, one-on-ones, and career counseling.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 13+ years of related experience required
- Managerial experience is required (Should have at-least managed min. 20 people team & must be able to manage significantly increasing numbers too going forward.)
- Strong leadership skills including vision-setting, goal-setting, coaching, team building, empowerment, and cross-functional communication.
- Should have an experience in managing cross functional managers.
- Should be able to drive and implement GPTW (Great Place to Work) fundamentals and well versed industry practices.
- Mentor and continually assess, hire, and scale the team as necessary. Provide people leadership via performance development and career progression
We are an E-Verify employer.