Retail Accounting Assistant
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission as a company is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
In our Ascend department we aid in this crusade by providing bicycle shops with the greatest tool to thrive in retail! Our Retail Management Solution records sales, captures customer data, and provides detailed reporting. We provide integrated solutions for payment processing, ecommerce, and NPS customer loyalty. This Retail Accounting (Assistant) position will be working on site at Headquarters providing support to our retailers all over the globe!
As a Retail Accountant your primary mission is to use QuickBooks to provide accounting services for our customers. Using your available resources, the help of your teammates and your working knowledge of Ascend, QuickBooks and inventory best practices you are the person to provide the retailer with important financial information used in making business decisions. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we’re all in the business of providing the best system and best support for our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Perform accounting tasks for independent retailers across the US and Canada.
- Verify and key sales, cost of goods sold, deposits and inventory movement entries.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, match to purchase orders, key and pay via Accounts Payable.
- Perform reconciliations on bank and credit card accounts as well as for vendor balances.
- Maintain detailed cash flow and open to buy tools.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of budgets.
- Facilitate insightful weekly and monthly meetings with the retailer to keep them apprised of their situation.
- Interpret financial information to make process improvement suggestions.
- Deliver financial information and other customized reports to retailer in a language they can understand.
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Complete and document all support requests that arrive via phone, voicemail or the Ascend Customer Yammer Network.
- Review our regular system updates to maintain a working knowledge of our solutions and assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources.
- Assist with logging and prioritization of bugs and enhancements. Provide feedback as requested on development specifications. Help test new releases as needed.
- Two years of retail accounting experience with the ability to read and comment on Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports is required.
- A two year technical degree or higher is required.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of desktop Windows operating systems and Office programs.
- Be available to work shifts during our regular hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
We are an E-Verify employer.