As a Service Trainer, you’re the foundation of building successful bike-industry careers for service staff. You will create the development resources for bicycle assemblers, technicians, and production technicians to excel and grow. Working as a member of the Trek University training team from Trek’s HQ in Waterloo, you will be directly responsible for training technicians at Trek retailers worldwide. The focus of your work will be creating Trek University training modules.
If you’re passionate for growing people’s careers and if you want to share your love for working in the bike industry by promoting the value of great retail employees, this might be the perfect role for you!
Create Trek University training modules
- You’ll build our core curriculum of technician training, teaching bike assemblers and production technicians the techniques they need to do great work and earn promotions
- Every time Trek releases a cool new product, you’ll create the training videos and documents that teach technicians how to assemble and maintain them.
- You’ll work with our product teams and engineers to ensure bike shops know exactly how to wrench on our new bikes and proprietary tech right when it launches.
- Most of our training will be delivered online through videos and guides. You’ll be in charge of every aspect of creating this content.
- You’ll write the video scripts and be the person on camera, showing the procedures you’re teaching, and make sure the final video looks exactly as you want.
- You’ll write the print guides, providing detailed step-by-step instructions to support your videos; working with our team of designers and technical writers to ensure we’re creating the best training resources in cycling.
- You’ll work with the Trek U team to ensure we organize your training content online in the best way to make learning easy and fun for bike shop employees.
- You’ll work with our global teams to maximize the scale of your work – ensuring stores around the world can learn to wrench the Trek way.
- About 80% of your work will be delivered online. About 20% will be invested in training-the-trainers directly in-person; helping our leaders in the field to reinforce your online efforts through store visits.
- Minimum of 3 years bicycle service technician/mechanic experience
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Fun and flexible; great at Plan B
- Learn-it-all attitude & approach
- Bias toward action
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Energy and passion to help others succeed
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
We are an E-Verify employer.