Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a full-time QA team member preferably working with experience working on E-commerce based web applications, experience with Hybris is a plus. Trek is located in Waterloo, WI, remote QA work is available for this position.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems.
The QA Automation Engineer Team Member will:
- Be responsible for writing feature files, writing selenium webdriver scripts with java, and executing automation scripts
- Be responsible for story level automation, as well as logging and testing bugs
- Participate in automation support rotation for script fixes, defect reporting and automation report status
- Add and enhance documentation
- Work with our quality standards and processes
- Be available to help the QA Engineers on an as needed basis
- Work closely with the business analyst to ensure understanding of the acceptance criteria
- Be self-organized, self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Be flexible with work load
- Participate in all meetings and release ceremonies
- Be a fast learner and knows how to escalate issues
- Be a team player
- Prefer minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) are required
- Expert level with Selenium Webdriver
- Extensive experience with core Java (loops, collections, abstraction and encapsulation, inheritance, etc.)
- Support automation architect with automation framework updates
- Good knowledge with Jenkins and Ant
- Experience with cucumber framework is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum or Kanban environment is a plus
- Experience with Hybris is a plus
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.