Mechanical Engineer-City Group
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Are you looking to be part of a motivated team that is pushing the limits of performance; bringing new and innovative solutions to riders everywhere? Do you love solving problems and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your work in customers hands? Do you want to work within a culture that embraces continuous learning and development of new skills through exposure to evolving opportunities? Trek’s City bike engineering team is looking for a candidate to come work in our inspiring collaborative environment committed to delivering life changing technologies to family and users of our teams’ products.
- Work with our creative and passionate team of City bike engineers, product managers, industrial designers, graphic designer, and brand managers.
- Lead technical design and development from concept phase into production.
- Deliver integrated design packages to our production teams and collaborate with them to turn ideas into reality.
- Develop Evaluation Plans and be able to characterize and communicate evaluation objectives based on inputs like theoretical data, lab data and rider perception.
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments.
- Travel as necessary both domestically and internationally.
- Bring skills and experiences that will help lead Trek in creating meaningful and innovative solutions to improve the sustainability of our products for family around the globe.
- Understanding of how to design plastic components with considerations of manufacturing process constraints, resin property, fitment, and fastening.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience specifically in product development.
- Experience engineering mechanical system with integrated electronic components and modules. This includes defining performance requirements for such systems.
- Have led multiple project cycles from concepting through production.
- Experience with system test developments for mechanical systems.
- Bonus if you have design for manufacturing using carbon and aluminum, tube forming, welding, forging, CNC, and casting along with a basic understanding of manufacturing costs.
- Experience using CAD modeling software (Onshape) to create 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, including the ability to understand and apply GD&T methodology.
- Strong knowledge in structural analysis, design failure risk analysis, test plan creation, test result trouble shooting, and creation of technical documentation & reporting.
- Eagerness to take a hands-on approach to prototyping and learning or identifying problems.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to solving open ended technical problems.
- Experience working with and communicating within a cross functional global team.
- Strong passion for continuous improvement to product, processes, and yourself
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.