Business Intelligence Analyst
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come and join us and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a BI Analyst to join our APAC team! The BI Analyst is responsible for building strong relationships with business stakeholders, collecting business requirements, formulating functional designs, prototyping solutions, conducting data analysis, testing, and training the business on features developed by the Business Intelligence group.
The BI Analyst will participate in prioritizing Business Intelligence and Data Integration requests and requirements globally and provide technical requirements for Business intelligence and Data Integrations developers using Scrum and Kanban methodologies. The candidate is expected to support business users with Level II data support, provide analytics assistance from BI, and provide training of BI tools and solutions to business users across our APAC offices (Australia, Japan, China, Korea, New Zealand).
The candidate is familiar with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Azure Data products, Excel, Power BI, DAX) and can write SQL queries and utilize them to validate new features or trouble-shoot data issues. The candidate is also familiar with RESTful API’s an understands basic concepts of HTTP. We are a fast-paced team that interacts with all area of the business.
This role is based in Australia. You can work from our APAC Head Office in Canberra or remotely if you reside in another Australian location.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders in all levels of the company.
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders.
- Document the requirements in the form of an Agile story, create mock-ups, prototypes, ad-hoc SQL queries, and other artifacts to support requirements.
- Execute testing needed to assure the desired functionality and data integrity of BI solutions meet the business requirements and deadlines.
- Provide end-to-end training for the global business.
- Provide on-going analytical support for BI solutions released to the business.
- Proactively identify data quality issues and recommend data integrity checks to alert users when such issues occur.
- Innovate, using the latest technology, or deliver information needed to drive business decisions.
- Provide Level II Business Intelligence Help Desk support for Trek employees globally.
- Proactively assist in communicating to users with respect to BI software upgrades and new features released by BI.
- Proactively share knowledge with co-workers and ensure appropriate knowledge transfer to cover duties during illness, vacations, training, etc.
- Developing and delivering reporting for business users on multiple platforms such as Power BI, SSRS, Power Pivot, and Excel.
- Supporting our Data Integrations team as a project manager.
- Developing stories and road maps for Data Integration projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science (equivalent professional experience considered).
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an IT Business Analysis role with at least 2 years of hands-on continuous work experience in using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence tools to support user reporting needs.
- Ability to understand complex business and system processes and clearly articulate business requirements.
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source system data and data samples).
- Able to read and write SQL query statements.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Microsoft’s Power BI Suite (Power BI, Power Query, PowerPivot, DAX).
- Professional experience in successfully supporting users’ reporting and data needs.
- Experience with Azure data products.
- Good written / oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working in an Agile or team-based environment.
- 1 year experience working with ERP data is preferred (Trek uses JD Edwards).
- SOA and Microservices is a plus.
- Using Postman is a plus.
- Experience using Token-based authentication is a plus.
- eCommerce data experience is a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint is a plus.
- Experience with CRM is a plus.
If this sounds like you APPLY TODAY to join the Trek Bicycle Family! Confidential enquiries can be emailed to [email protected].
We are an E-Verify employer.