Prototype Design Co-Op
Are you looking for a great company to work for and use the information you’ve gained in school? Well Trek and this opportunity might just be it for you! Our co-ops will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced and knowledgeable individuals in the field.
Think you have what it takes to be a co-op at the best bike company in the world? This co-op will provide you with the opportunity to put your coursework to use in practical applications. The job grows or shrinks depending on your true capabilities.
Check out the detailed job description below and apply today if you have the skills and drive to take on the responsibilities!
This will be a least 6-month co-op, starting as early as January 2020.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill an internship role with our prototype team within the Engineering department. The focus for this role will be to work closely with our team of engineering technicians to build world class custom prototypes in order to support the product development teams.
- Both assist and manage the building of prototypes to support product development that will look like the finished product using multiple processes
- Assist in researching and trialing new processing methods and materials within additive manufacturing with sustainability in mind
- Research and present new or improved prototyping capabilities to better service our product development teams
- Execute and support day to day housekeeping tasks within the prototype department
- Working towards an associate degree in prototype and design or model making
- Strong research and analytical skills, high attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Works well both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in the following areas is desired: 3D modeling, additive manufacturing, machining, welding/fabrication, urethane casting, electronics fabrication, finishing, & painting
- CAD software experience - Solidworks or On Shape
- CAM programming experience - Power Mill
- Additive Manufacturing software experience - Kisslicer, Insight, CARBON DLP, etc.
We are an E-Verify employer.