New Store Operations Specialist
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best team is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, with the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Retail Operations Training Specialist plays an important role in the growth of Trek’s Retail business and our effort to develop quality retail experiences in new and existing markets.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and execute Trek’s retail strategy for business acquisitions and new store openings. A successful candidate will work to understand all aspects of Trek’s retail program, lead the training and implementation of retail sales and operational processes and provide guidance to new store staff on the day-to-day support functions.
The Retail Operations Training Specialist is a decision maker with wide ranging responsibilities to create, advance and lead Trek’s retail initiatives and provide localized solutions to enhance the overall consumer retail experience in each new store.
- Provide onsite training and support during initial weeks following business acquisitions or new store openings.
- Orientate new employees to Trek Culture and value propositions.
- Provide training for new employees on operational policies and procedures including:
- Operating Systems
- Purchase card & expense management
- Ascend POS
- Inventory processes/integrity
- Employee scheduling
- Employee onboarding
- Trek Certified Service standards and processes
- Basic sales process training
- Merchandising standards
- In-store Marketing responsibilities
- Facilitate successful implementation of new projects and develop process documentation for all integration procedures.
- Participate in physical inventories for existing stores and acquisitions.
- Operate as interim Store Manager when needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in retail with emphasis on store management, operations, and training.
- Strong commercial retail experience, preferably in the sporting goods or outdoor industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Experience in driving projects to completion in retail environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Sales-minded and an independent, creative thinker.
- Ability to deliver exceptional work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Positive, collaborative, inclusive and flexible.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Bicycle mechanic skills and bicycle retailer experience preferred.
- Up to 75% travel.
We are an E-Verify employer.