Program Manager, Madison BCycle
Program Manager, Madison BCycle
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our people, making sure we put the best team on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Fully owned by Trek, Madison BCycle became the first bike share program in the country to fully convert its bike fleet to e-bikes in 2019. Since their launch in June, e-bikes have transformed Madison BCycle and the downtown with a 124% increase in trips and 64% increase in users relative to 2018. Madison’s e-bike fleet utilization led the country in 2019, with Madison recording the highest average trips per bike per day across all BCycle systems. Madison BCycle’s flywheel for growth is just getting started, and entering its 10th year of operation, 2020 promises to be program’s best year ever.
Madison BCycle is looking for an energetic and driven General Manager to lead a fast-paced, fun, and hardworking team. The Madison BCycle General Manager will be an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a dynamic environment, is adaptable, works well with a variety of people, is driven to make the sale, and is ready to lead a team and own a business. This position will offer opportunity for ownership and growth in several key areas of business, including:
- Articulate a compelling vision for Madison BCycle, and lead your team and business with a combination of will and humility, with a relentless focus on having the best team on the field
- Work with BCycle, LLC and Trek Bicycle to set program Objectives and Key Results
- Be a source of positive energy in all interactions; keep a fun & flexible attitude, and focus efforts on aspects of the business that are in your direct control
- Set high standards for yourself and others; hold people accountable
- Act with a high sense of urgency and get things done fast
- Serve as the public face of Madison BCycle for both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead with honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Grow the business by securing new program sponsors, community partners, and strengthen Madison BCycle’s relationship with existing partners
- Deliver compelling presentations and business proposals, from initial pitch, to contract execution, implementation, service delivery, and contract renewal
- Develop and implement strategies to drive system ridership, rider retention, and system-generated revenues
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders in the Madison business community, the bike share community, and Trek Bicycle & BCycle LLC
Marketing & Communication:
- Lead the development of Madison BCycle’s marketing and communication strategy, objectives, and key results
- Plan and execute program marketing, communications, and public relations
- Manage public-facing communication, including speaking engagements, printed materials, website, social media, customer communications, Madison BCycle’s Annual Report, sponsor reports, press releases, and media interaction
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure seamless day-to-day program management of the Madison BCycle bike share system
- Accurately forecast expenses and manage the operating budget
- Work with the city to determine station locations and acquire and permitting approvals
- Develop and share bike share best practices within the larger BCycle, LLC team
- Help drive product innovation as a key player in BCycle LLC’s product development and testing processes
- Manage a highly responsive and customer-first approach to service
- Oversee the delivery of high-quality service from BCycle’s third-party customer call center
- Ensure timely response to customer communications across multiple platforms
- As needed, directly communicate with customers in-person, electronically, and over the phone
- Listen to customers: develop tools and metrics to reduce instances of customer issues and increase satisfaction
- Perform weekly reporting and analysis to identify opportunities for growth and improvement across the business
- Provide program reporting to BCycle and Trek Sr Managers, as well as the city and partner organizations.
- Build, distribute, and analyze surveys to improve the customer experience
- Develop processes to track metrics and measure growth
- Use internal and external metrics to project growth opportunities
Must have boundless positive energy, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with all kinds of people in fluid environments.
- Must have experience with business operations including managing a P&L, data analysis, and marketing.
- Effective leadership and management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with strong presentation skills.
- Must have good negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s degree in Business
We are an E-Verify employer.