Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle-related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
We are seeking a talented transactional attorney to join its Legal Department. The Attorney will have a broad range of responsibilities relating to transactional matters and will be expected to assist with general advice and counseling. The Attorney must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization. This position will report to the General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of contracts for our business units, including commercial leases, service agreements, supplier agreements, and sponsorships.
- Provide legal advice, opinions, and solutions regarding issues and risks on various transactional matters.
- Appropriately manage a heavy workflow, setting priorities with internal clients and meeting deliverable timelines.
- Assist with other transactional matters as needed.
- Manage outside counsel when required.
- JD degree from an ABA-approved law school.
- Admission to practice law in the State of Wisconsin.
- 3-5 years of experience (both law firm and in-house experience a plus).
- Superior drafting skills, especially the ability to draft contract language that is clear, concise, and easily understood, creating templates and processes to improve efficiency of the contract review process
- Strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of performance
- Ability to function effectively and complete projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities and objectives.
- International transactions and business experience a plus
- Data privacy experience a plus
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.