Tech Operations Manager - Madison BCycle
Madison BCycle, a subsidiary of Trek Bicycle Corporation, has been Madison Wisconsin's bike share provider since 2011. This summer, Madison BCycle launched the first full fleet conversion to electric bikes. We offer modern and innovative Bosch equipped BCycle Electric bikes. With 300 BCycle Electric bikes and 45 stations across campus and downtown, Madison BCycle is transforming how people use bike share for personal mobility, transportation and exploring the beautiful city of Madison.
Madison BCycle is looking for a qualified full time Tech Operations Manager. This role is a public face of Madison BCycle, therefore a positive and friendly attitude is an absolute necessity! Prospective employees must possess excellent technical, management and customer service skills. The ideal candidate is team driven, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling and managing key staff; overseeing electric bike and BCycle station assembly and installation, ongoing maintenance, tech operation budget and ensuring safety and performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Lead a team of Service Technicians to ensure that Madison BCycle’s fleet of electric bikes and stations are a reliable and attractive service for the Madison community.
- Station and dock mechanical and technical performance
- Station power management
- Bike fleet power management and maintenance
- Bike station rebalancing
- Station and bike cleanliness
- Customer service & special event support
- Directly manage and lead team of 4+ Service Technicians, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluation
- Manage workshop operations and service vehicle fleet (3 vans, 1 truck), including tool and maintenance parts inventory
- Manage & forecast Tech Operations budget
- Support station installation and removal process, coordinating vehicle support and staff
- Coordinate with customer service and operation feedback to serve the needs of customers
- Work under the guidance of the Executive Director
- Utilize analytics and system software to support operational excellence
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Applications, and ability to learn new software.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience directly managing a team of employees.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple parties, including employees, manufacturers, subcontractor(s) and clients.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system.
- Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct under a high-visibility, start-up environment responsible for delivering a 24/7 public transit service.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements of the operations that are in line with international standards and company corporate initiatives.
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, high-visibility, start-up environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing roles.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record (no major violations in past 5 years; no more than 2 minor in past 3 years).
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. May require on-call support & availability nights and weekends.
- Requires stooping, reaching, biking, and lifting of 60+ pounds.
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
- Preferred: A familiarity with Bosch eBike Systems and tech certified or willing to learn about electric systems.
- Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish the needs of Madison BCycle.
We are an E-Verify employer.