Senior Industrial designer
Trek Bicycle Corporation is the world leader in bicycle products and accessories with over 4000 employees worldwide. Trek is dedicated to building bikes for the riders who inspire us, from the world’s greatest cyclist to the kid next door. That drive for new ideas and passion for building and selling bikes made us expand rapidly. Currently we have several offices in the United States, Asia and Europe. A subsidiary of the Global City Product Development group is located within the Harderwijk office. We value innovative ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast – turning ideas into reality. We want to reflect society and are looking for people with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences to form a powerful team together
Are you that Senior Industrial designer we are looking for?
Trek is seeking a motivated, talented Industrial Designer who is passionate about consumer-centered design. You will be involved in the design and development of bicycles and components in a high energy, creative, multi-disciplinary environment. You'll be challenged to design products that perform at the highest level, are production ready, and highly valued by riders.
As a designer at Trek your purpose is to create great ride experiences. You work together with a world class product development team to provide forward thinking concepts and design direction for bicycles and components. A designer in this position is engaged in rider research, concept development, design refinement, and production support. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design, problem solving, communication, and visualization skills, and excel in a multi-functional team culture. Experience with both surface modeling in 3D CAD and Adobe systems are highly desired – awesome visual communication skills are a necessity.
What are your responsibilities?
- Follow the Product Development process.
- Define aspects of form, geometry, aesthetics, mechanical parameters, fit, function, end user interface, and meet defined expectations for product features, cost, manufacturability, and production schedules.
- Communicate concepts, developmental work, and finalized design solutions by methods meeting the specific needs of each project. Communication formats can include, but are not limited to, sketches, artistic renderings, CAD models, physical models, multi-media presentations, and written reports.
- Initiate and direct the development of models and prototypes to test and qualify key product characteristics, manufacturability, and aesthetics.
- Prepare and present new product concepts, internally and externally as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of material and process technologies applicable to new product development.
- Communicate effectively with teammates, internal and external resources to ensure new product development success.
What do you bring?
- Excellent sculptural design skills and eye for design
- Proven ability at solving complex design problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Good mechanical and structural aptitude, and knowledge of various materials and their associated manufacturing processes.
- Excellent sketching and 2D communication skills
- Proficient in all phases of product development: research, ideation, sketching, concept refinement.
- 3D modeling skills and a solid understanding of the manufacturing process
- Surface modeling skills are a big plus
- Digital Sketching - Sketchbook Pro skills are a big plus
- Self-motivated and ready to take the initiative to get things done
- 3+ years of post-graduate, professional design experience.
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in Industrial Design or Product Design
- Competency in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint
What do we offer?
An informal, challenging, and motivating company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are appreciated. We provide you with a stimulating work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, responsibility, and independence. We will compensate you with a competitive salary and benefits package. Please apply in English
We are an E-Verify employer.