Project One Buyer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
We are currently seeking a Buyer for our custom bike business, Project One. The ideal candidate will have purchasing experience and technical knowledge of bicycles. Effective communication, time management and organizational skills are essential. This role is based out of Waterloo, WI.
- Manage product forecasts, demand plans and related inventory levels
- Create, submit and maintain purchase orders with supplier partners and communicate and update ETAs
- Responsible for staying up to date on responsible category intelligence
- Generate and utilize reports with available business analytics tools
- Serve as a data steward for part number and attribute setup regarding all forecasting, supply planning and related business attributes
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess technical knowledge of bicycles
- Experience in purchasing, forecasting, and demand planning
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management and suppliers
- Ability to create and implement plans, processes and procedures
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong PC skills (including MS Office applications)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel required. Knowledge of JDE, Demand planning software, and web based analysis tools a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.