Ascend Support Technician
At Trek, our mission is to "Make the best bikes in the world". People who love bicycles, are energetic and driven, work for us globally to make this mission come to life. We like progress, and care about helping employees reach their goals, and take their career to the next level. If you're passionate about achieving team success, join us as a member of the Trek Family.
Ascend RMS, a business unit of Trek Bicycle Corporation, is the leading retail management system for bicycle retailers in North America and is expanding its growth in Australia. Through our “Best System. Best Support” vision we partner with our customers to help them to grow, to maximize their profitability and to create data for making intelligent business decisions.
Ascend Support Technician
As an Ascend Support Technician your primary mission is to provide frontline support for all our customers. Using your available resources and the help of your teammates and our business partners, you are the go-to person to take care of any customer requests that come your way. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we’re all in the business of selling, installing, supporting and shipping our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Complete all support requests that arrive via phone, email, voicemail or the Ascend Customer Yammer Network.
- Document all customer support history in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Provide on-call support on weeknights and weekend days on a rotational basis with your teammates.
- Assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources.
- Review our regular system updates to maintain a working knowledge of our solutions.
- Encourage and assist our customers with installing our system updates.
- Help with all other areas of the business: o Sell hardware and supplies to our customers and place related orders. Conduct sales demos as needed.
- Assist with the installation of Ascend for new customers. Travel on-site with Install Technicians as needed.
- Assist with logging and prioritization of bugs and enhancements. Provide feedback as requested on development specifications. Help test new releases as needed.
- A two year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft peer-to-peer networking, desktop operating systems, and Office programs.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts during our regular technical support hours, Monday through Friday. They should be available off hours for rotational on-call support and occasional project work. They should also be available for occasional travel.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
We are an E-Verify employer.