Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Retail is adding a Human Resources Generalist to their growing team. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated retail business units across North America. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance. This position will also serve as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues, maintaining an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s position, its plans, its culture, and its competition. The position will work out of our Electra brand office in Encinitas, providing HR support for our west coast retail districts (Washington/California/British Columbia/Idaho/Utah/Colorado) and the local Electra team.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning, through Trek’s People Planning process.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant HR Generalist or HR Business Partner experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Can work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates high level of hospitality and customer service at all times.
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility and be open to new ideas.
- Experience in a retail environment a plus.
- 50% travel
We are an E-Verify employer.