Graphic Research and Development Manager
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
Trek Bicycle is looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual to fill a product graphic research & development role within our product graphic innovation team. Candidates considered for this role will need to be extremely organized with a great attention to detail and can work well under pressure while thinking in both a design as well as a manufacturing mindset. This role requires strong knowledge in product graphic materials and processes and the ability to work and communicate with paint and decal vendors around the world. A great working environment and fantastic people are all amazing perks to joining the Trek family.
- Research existing and future graphic materials, processes, and color trends.
- Prototype and share graphic explorations.
- Initiate and manage the development and testing of new graphic related materials and processes from start to finish internally and with factories worldwide.
- Regularly communicate to vendors, and to the design team, all new projects, project targets, and project status throughout the duration of each approved project.
- Creating graphic processes and standards for new graphic solutions.
- Support model year color development as needed.
- Ability to think both in design and in manufacturing mindsets.
- Proficient in graphic design applications including Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Industrial or automotive style paint knowledge and experience.
- Independently motivated and self-driven to create new innovative and manufacturable graphic solutions.
- Good understanding of various printing processes.
- Product graphic experience.
- Ability to stay on task and meet tight deadlines.
- Continuously ask questions and find opportunities for improvement.
- Great organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and flow.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in and outside of the US.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal team members as well as external vendors.
- Basic 3D modeling software experience.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.