Parts & Accessories Buyer
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re with Trek you are a part of a team of Rockstars making a difference in communities across the world. You’re able to enjoy the best of both worlds working as a team and independently to get stuff done. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back.
Position Summary/Job Description:
Right Product, Right Place, Right Time
Trek Bicycle’s Aftermarket Forecasting department is looking for an awesome new team member. Working in collaboration with our Bontrager Product team and Global Product Forecasting teams, you will execute Trek’s global aftermarket buying strategy. Researching demand trends and staying up on the Trek’s upcoming products, the Buyer will work with our global supply chain teams to deliver products on time for aftermarket product launches. The ultimate goal for this position is making sure we have the right amount of inventory from launch of a new product to ramp down and end of life, all while maintaining best in class customer service to our internal teams and retail partners.
- Manage product forecasts, supply/demand plans and related inventory levels
- Create, submit, and maintain purchase orders with supplier partners and maintain ETAs
- Assist in part number life cycle management
- Generate and utilize reports with available business analytics tools
- Provide updates to management on the status and plan for each key category
- Lead the communication and supply plans for global markets
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in purchasing, forecasting, or demand planning
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel, JDE/Oracle ERP system, demand planning software, and/or analytics tools a plus
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams, as well as interact with management and suppliers globally
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Fun, flexible, and positive attitude with a desire to exceed goals and expectation
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.