Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Trek Travel’s mission is to serve the people who passionately believe the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle. We are seeking a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator to add to our Human Resources Team and will be responsible for providing exceptional hospitality and support for the entire Trek Travel staff. At Trek Travel, we think outside the box, continuously improve, encourage feedback, and give it all we got, all the time, no exceptions. Interest in the active travel and/or hospitality industry is beneficial, but not necessary. This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for Trek Travel’s competitive benefits package. This position is based in our beautiful office in downtown Madison, Wisconsin.
POSITION RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Own the payroll process for Trek Travel staff.
- Conduct payroll audits and recommend corrective action.
- Creates reports on demand.
- Assist with onboarding, status changes, and exit checklists.
- Distributes benefit enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Update and maintain employee handbook documents.
- Own the onboarding process, collect paper documentation, and distribute contracts/offer letters.
- Prepares and maintains employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality.
- Maintains paid time off records.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Responds to benefits inquires, benefits enrollments and status changes.
- Daily team correspondence via Microsoft Teams, email and scheduled weekly check-ins.
- Assist HR Generalist with special projects.
- Project management as required.
- Work alongside team members around the globe.
- Cross departmental work and additional duties as required.
WHAT ELSE WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- 2-3 years of experience with payroll and benefits or a related degree.
- You believe in the importance of hospitality and customer service.
- You rock a positive, solution-oriented attitude and always ask “how can I help?”
- You exude Fun and Flexibility while contributing to the overall success of your Team.
- As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right.
- A company’s culture can make or break a job offer for you.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Expert attention to detail, efficiency and works with a sense of urgency.
- Takes the initiative to continuously improve processes and is solution oriented.
- Availability Monday-Friday - schedule may flex to include evening and weekend hours depending on time of year.
TREK TRAVEL OFFERS:
A fast pace, casual, motivating, and fun company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. If you have what it takes to join our team and the desire to help shape Trek Travel’s future, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application!
We are an E-Verify employer.