Trip Design Product Manager
Trek Travel’s mission is to serve the people who passionately believe the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle. We are looking for an energetic and guest experience-oriented Trip Design Manager to join our team in Madison, Wisconsin. This important role focuses on developing the strategic business and product plans for Trek Travel. The Trip Design Manager position requires a mix of product and design management, project management, sales coordination and team management. The ideal candidate should be both a high-level thinker, and a detail-oriented person who can analyze the business and make strategic decisions efficiently and effectively.
- Engage in strategic planning, including utilizing business intelligence and industry trends, to develop product offering
- Develop and implement new business opportunities to grow the business
- Create and manage trip schedule, trip mix, custom trip process and new trip development
- Manage capacity analysis
- Coordinate across departments to execute schedule
- Create and analyze feedback, systems and processes to ensure product excellence
- Establish pricing and pricing strategy
- Yield Management
- Department and product budget management
- Train sales staff on product offering
- Manage and maintain trip data across all marketing and sales platforms
- Coordinate product launch across all departments
- Strategic partnership management
- Complete annual team member performance reviews
- Manage, recruit, hire, schedule and train a dynamic global team of trip designers and additional project workers
- Develop annual goals and incentives for team and individuals
- Develop and distribute monthly/yearly results and analytics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Product Management.
- Experience managing and leading a team
- BA or BS required.
- Hospitality Management or Project Management.
- Product Management
- Understanding the Customer,
- Product Development
- Competitive Analysis
- Sales Planning
- Inventory Control
- Financial Planning
- Independent and Creative Thinking
- Negotiating Strategic Analysis
- Process Management
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on detail
- Knowledge of the travel and cycling industry, highly desirable
We are an E-Verify employer.