Accounts Payable Associate
About the Company
We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes.
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology. Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and win cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France.
Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager, Diamant and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration. The company is growing rapidly with sales well in excess of USD1bn. The company is steered by the Founder’s son, John Burke. Trek bicycles are sold to thousands of bike shops around the world, a growing number of which we own and run ourselves in 90 countries worldwide.
Whilst global and undeniably a sizeable organization, Trek remains family owned, and the culture reflects this. Some of the words to describe the unique and much-admired culture would be relaxed yet curious, committed (no clock watchers!), a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mind-set and a work hard, play hard attitude. The Harderwijk office is an open and well-designed space and the team here interacts with retailers and customers in Benelux. We encourage employees to lead an active lifestyle with changing and shower facilities and, needless to say, ample space for storing your bike(s)! We want our employees to be moving around and having fun. If you cycle to work, you get paid in the form of credits to use for bike parts. Employees naturally connect with the product and lifestyle through lunch time bike rides most days.
Trek is about accountability with every colleague empowered & expected to make a difference. It is a lean organization with few layers. We enjoy high autonomy levels and passion, backed up with facts and research. Employees who embrace our culture thrive and there are many examples around the globe of people who have been in the business for twenty or more years.
Trek has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team in The Netherlands, Harderwijk. The Accounts Payable associate is responsible for processing the day-to-day vendor invoices and payments. Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment is essential in this position.
What are your responsibilities?
- Code, process, verify, and reconcile invoices according to established policies and procedures
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accounting practices
- Assisting vendors with any concerns regarding payments, as well as internal customers
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and internal customers to provide amazing customer service
- Reconciling AP vendor accounts to vendor statements and investigating and resolving any past due balances
- Process the weekly payments
- Process and reconciliation of travel expenses and purchase card transactions
- Assist with other projects as needed
What do you bring?
- MBO level 4 administration or higher preferred
- Must be well organized and possess strong time management skills
- Must be extremely detailed orientated and have a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize demands to meet multiple deadlines (payment dates/ month-end/payment inquiry) in a high volume/fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Excel
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving & documentation skills
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Past experience in AP automation software & major ERP systems a plus
What do we offer?
An informal, challenging and motivating company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. We provide you with a stimulating work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, responsibility and independence. We will compensate you with a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an E-Verify employer.