Retail Store Designer
The role of Retail Store Designer will be UK based at our offices in Milton Keynes, and will become part of the European retail team. Dealing with a global brand of the highest calibre, your role will be to liaise with our retail leadership team as well as independent retailers to agree store designs to Trek’s standards. This will be achieved with regular travel across the UK and Europe by using both 2D and 3D design skills, showing a ‘hands on’ and flexible approach whilst keeping within the Trek brand/guidelines and within budget. 3D design skills are an essential part of this role and the ideal candidate will have excellent project management skills and the ability to design and produce a wide variety of items. Training will also be provided on our internal systems and processes.
Key tasks/responsibilities will include:
- Retailer Consultation/Engagement
- Store Design – Sketch Up 2D/3D
- Cost Planning/Value engineering
- Development of brand guidelines/principles, promoting best practice
- Project management – full planning of each project including timelines, resource planning, budget control and reconciliation
- Site surveys and visits
- Knowledge of construction plans (demolitions, walls, electricity, plumbing, painting etc.)
- Detailed furniture and graphic distribution plans
- Dealing directly with contractors
- Orders of F&F packs and graphics
- Assembling store and visual merchandising
The ideal candidate will have the appropriate qualifications and either have spent time in a design agency or directly for a retail business working on retail/leisure projects.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of managing projects from concept to build.
- Previous experience of visual merchandising
- 3D experience: Sketch Up or similar
- Experience in Creative Cloud (Photoshop/Illustrator/inDesign)
- Previous experience of preparing large format design work for print
- Previous experience of digital formatting (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent knowledge and practice of Microsoft packages
- Ambitious, design-fluent, commercially minded
- Spatial vision and the ability of space allocation
- Knowledge about different materials and solutions
- Full Driving Licence
Staff benefits include the following:
- Staff Purchase Scheme for all bikes and parts and accessories. Available after successful completion of your probationary period.
- Annual holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced sick, maternity/paternity pay
- Paid Employee Healthcare (cash plan scheme) after one years' service, with the option to add spouse/dependents at the employees own cost
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- 50% discount for Trek Employees and our travel partner with Trek travel
- Various retail discounts
- Onsite parking
- Free tea & coffee
- Inside Bike park, bike wash & maintenance area for employee cycles
- Modern location with shower facilities (incl. lockers and heated drying rails).
To apply for the above vacancy, click ‘apply’ and please attach your CV along with a covering letter, detailing why you believe you are the right person for the role.
We are an E-Verify employer.