Product Develop Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems,and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
We are currently seeking an experienced engineer to join our Engineering team in Taiwan. The role is to collaborate with the Trek USA / Europe Product Development teams and our manufacturing partners to engineer & develop world changing new bicycle accessories (saddles, grips, tools, fenders, pumps, etc.) for our riders, our retailers and our race teams.
- Typically responsible for several smaller projects or 1-2 major projects.
- Use theoretical calculations, real world use and testing to evaluate performance, structural integrity and durability of products.
- Analyze engineering data for both new product research and existing product troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and implement new materials and processes.
- Communicate project technical details globally between Trek USA, Europe and Asia suppliers.
- Collaborate, communicate and act as a single team with other Trek Asia departments (Supply Chain, Sourcing, Quality, and Testing).
- Work smart to meet timelines.
- Enjoy your work, have fun with teammates and make a positive impact on the world.
- Strong desire to change the world through designing best in class products.
- Driven to do exceed customer expectations.
- Passion for cycling.
- Effective English and Mandarin verbal and written communication skills to interact with global contacts.
- Experience designing structural parts preferred.
- Experience with both alloy and composite materials preferred.
- 3D solid modeling skills - Solidworks experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- 3 years of professional experience
We are an E-Verify employer.