Enterprise Systems Engineer III
Trek is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide design, build, project and operational support across a range of technologies. Expertise in Systems Administration (Windows/Linux), Active Directory, Storage Administration, Virtualization and Cloud management is required.
The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to conduct in-depth technical research and analysis with the goal of developing and implement solutions to complex technical issues.
- Manage time and resources to deliver IT technology initiatives on time and on budget
- Function as the Technical Lead throughout a project lifecycle
- Conducts systems analyses and research to develop integration plans for new systems and software in order to ensure compatibility with the current IT infrastructure and changing technologies.
- Research, identify and evaluate ways to improve systems administration tasks such as patching, imaging, server provisioning, and overall automation of repeatable tasks
- Provide technical support, guidance, and mentoring to IT staff.
- Provision and maintain server infrastructure, both in traditional data centers as well cloud infrastructures including Azure and AWS
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Provided 24/7 support with on-call duties for critical systems
- Address 3rd level support issues for hardware, software and application problems; Utilize troubleshooting skills to diagnose the cause, formulate and apply prompt fixes, execute long-term resolutions, quickly document resolutions and share findings with the group
- Follow internal procedures which include change management, incident management, and problem escalation
- Develop processes that leverage known industry standards (ITIL/Six Sigma)
- Build and maintain an IT Operations documentation library
- Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in computer science and/or minimum of 10 years’ experience in Systems Administration, Networking and Architecture/Design.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure
- Expertise with MS Operating systems, Active Directory, Active Directory Federated Services, Azure AD required.
- vSphere Management and Administration
- Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Administration
- EMC Isilon Administration
- Office 365 & Exchange Management and Administration
- Experience in scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of standard protocols TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- IT Security Best Practices
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems or produce complex solutions
- Ability to create both technical and non-technical end-user documentation
- Demonstrates an aptitude for continuous learning and personal development.
- Works well under pressure with changing priorities and not always predictable workload
- Team work - Enjoys working as a member of a team, fosters a team environment, is an active and positive participant in forming a team-oriented culture.
- Effective Communication – Communicates well in both written and verbal mediums. Can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- VCP/MSCE Certifications
- Splunk Experience
- Load Balancer Experience
- Linux Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Global support experience is a bonus
We are an E-Verify employer.