Supplier Recovery Cost Manager
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Supplier Cost Recovery Manager is responsible for the development of Trek’s supplier cost recovery program. This position works cross functionally within Trek’s Operations team to recoup costs associated with warranty claims and non-conforming materials. In addition to daily support of the recovery process, this position plays a key role in the development and execution of the warranty cost reduction strategy.
- Manage the day to day processes for supplier claims management. This includes the review and adjudication of supplier claims, gathering additional information in support of claim resolution, and following up with suppliers on unresolved claims.
- Develop and distribute monthly communication of recovery metrics to both internal and external stakeholders
- Development and execution of the supplier claim recovery growth plan, focused on increasing the percentage of cost recovered and the expansion of the program to new and existing suppliers
- Work closely with Trek’s Quality department to coordinate product fulfillment and supplier inquiries; supporting the timely resolution of non-conforming material issues
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and Trek’s Quality Engineering group to identify and track cost reduction opportunities
- Set clear goals and metrics to monitor and asses supplier performance
- Establish warranty process agreements with new suppliers
- Work cross functionally with Trek’s Customer Service and Field Quality teams to improve supplier claim accuracy
- Proficient in Excel and integrated ERP systems (such as JDE, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Detail oriented with outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data within a BI environment
- Displays strong analytical skills including data query development and statistical analysis
- Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Applicable and detailed work experience in; Manufacturing/Assembly Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Program/Project Management
- Good negotiation skills in a multicultural global business environment
- Some domestic and international travel required (3-5 times per year)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ relative work experience
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.