Road Bike Product Manager
This dream job is responsible for the management of sub-categories within our Road bicycle business, from strategy and conception through design, development and product launch. In addition, the position will assist in varying activities that support the Road bicycle category as a whole.
- Oversee development of Road Products within sub-categories by establishing key targets for product positioning, performance parameters, functionality and cost.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the entire Road Product Line, including SKU information, Bike Model BOM’s, preliminary forecasting, cost targets and key features/benefits.
- Maintain line logic that will result in the product line meeting targets for simplicity and business growth using market feedback along with sales and production data.
- Travel to Asian suppliers for on-site product development and cost negotiations (1-2 trips per year).
- Travel to partners, tradeshows, dealers, and consumer events to research and track market trends. (3-5 trips per year)
- Other duties as assigned by the Product Director including market research, sales analysis etc.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bicycle industry experience preferred
- This individual must have a demonstrated work history of team collaboration and the ability to make their teammates feel valued.
- Successful candidate must be able to separate what they think versus what is needed by the market.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of organization.
- Display strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities in a focused but flexible manner.
- Must have a great attention for detail
- Be a master of Excel and data management
- Display strong Mechanical Proficiency with bikes
- Possess a love for all things Road Cycling
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
We are an E-Verify employer.