Supplier Quality Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!Position Description
Lead the quality efforts at the manufacturing site to support new product development (PPAP), work with supplier to monitor production quality and solve production Monitor and help improve the performance of key suppliers to specification, written procedures, and established manufacturing and quality standards.
- Review proposed manufacturing processes, suggest improvements, perform quality audits and inspections and review qualification results. Report quality information back to the Quality Group Leader and Product core team.
- Work with internal and external teams through PPAP to drive robust quality plans, audits, processes to ensure products meet designed spec.
- Work with supplier, Supply Chain and/or sub tier supplier to propose containment plans and acceptable rework as necessary to address quality issues.
- Monitor and drive thorough corrective action and root causes analysis of any issue found as well as foster continuous improvement.
- Support pre-shipment product inspection as necessary.
- Assist Supply Chain with new supplier qualification, existing supplier evaluation. Assist other departments such as Engineering, Warranty, Legal for data collection/analysis, product tracking etc.
- Travel domestically and internationally as business demands.
- Bachelor Degree in Quality Engineering or Equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in quality/engineering-related filed
- Self-driven and self-discipline;
- Problem-solving capability with ‘deal with reality’ mentality and great sense of urgency;
- Fluency in English and Mandarin required. Effective verbal and written communication skills -able to interact competently with internal/external contacts
- Attitude that fosters continuous improvement and the belief that “quality” is everyone’s business.
- Proficient planning and organization skills, initiative, accountability, detail oriented.
- Able to use judgment and independent thinking in the resolution of issues and in the interpretation of data.
- Competent with time management, deadlines, multiple projects and the ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- DFMEA & PFMEA experience strongly preferred
We are an E-Verify employer.