A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
This is the opportunity – a chance to be part of Trek’s future in cycling electronics! We are looking for a Rockstar Industrial Designer to help propel our products and our team to the next level. This product development team has brought some of the most impactful cyclist’s safety equipment to the world along with ride computers and other accessories.
As a designer at Trek your purpose is to create great ride experiences for all cyclists around the world from professional World Tour teams to weekend warriors to families and kids. You’ll work together with many of the industry’s leading designers and engineers to provide forward thinking concepts and design direction. A designer in this position is engaged in rider research, concept planning, design refinement, and production support. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design, problem solving, communication, and visualization skills, and excel in a multi-functional, global team.
- Bring amazing aesthetic and technical solutions to rider’s needs.
- Push research informed and crazy ideas forward in sketches, storytelling, 3D, physical prototypes, and rideable concepts.
- Communicate effectively with teammates and internal and external resources to ensure new product development success.
- Be a teammate that people love to work with!
- 3+ years of post-graduate, professional design experience-preferably in consumer electronics
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in Industrial Design or Product Design
- Proven ability at solving complex design problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Good mechanical and structural aptitude, and knowledge of various materials and their associated manufacturing processes
- Strong sketching and 2D communication skills
- Proficient in all phases of product development: research, ideation, sketching, concept refinement
- UI/UX experience and SolidWorks, OnShape, Rhino, Adobe skills are big pluses
- Self-motivated and ready to take the initiative to get things done
- A work hard/play hard attitude. This is a fun place to work, and we expect you to love what you do!
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we continue to take extra steps and precautions to keep our employees and customers safe. We are now requiring that all employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated with the exception of a medical or religious exemption.
We are an E-Verify employer.