General Manager - Madison BCycle
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Madison BCycle, Madison’s bike share program, is looking for an energetic and driven program manager to join a fast-paced, fun, and hardworking team. The Madison BCycle Program Manager will be an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a dynamic environment, is adaptable, works well with a variety of people, and is ready to lead a team and own a business. This position will offer opportunity for ownership and growth in several key areas of business, including:
- Day-to-day program management of the Madison BCycle bike share system
- Accurately forecast expenses and manage the operating budget.
- Work with the city to determine station final locations and acquire licensing and permitting approvals
- Ensure adequate bike maintenance & rebalancing resources.
- Develop and share bike share best practices within the larger BCycle, LLC team
- Help drive product innovation as a key player in BCycle LLC’s product development and testing processes
Marketing & Communication:
- Plan and execute program marketing, communications, and public relations
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders in the Madison business community, the bike share community, and Trek Bicycle & BCycle LLC
- Deliver presentations to public and private organizations in the greater Madison region
- Develop advertising and sponsorship partners to drive revenue for the program
- Perform weekly reporting and analysis to identify opportunities for growth and improvement across the business
- Provide program reporting to BCycle and Trek Sr Managers, as well as the city and partner organizations.
- Build, distribute, and analyze surveys to improve the customer experience
- Develop processes to track metrics and measure growth
- Use internal and external metrics to project growth opportunities
- Manage business team and technical team. Hire, train, schedule, develop, and manage employees to ensure smooth operation and growth of the business including station and bike maintenance, system heath, and community partners.
- Serve on the management team of BCycle, LLC
Must have boundless energy, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with all kinds of people in fluid environments.
- Must have experience with business operations including the ability to read P&L statements, data analysis, and marketing.
- Effective leadership and management skills required.
- Must have good negotiation skills and be an effective communicator.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s degree in Business
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application
We are an E-Verify employer.