Parts Sourcing Manager, Asia
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
This position will report to the Director of Asia Sourcing.
Sourcing manager is responsible for the Strategic Sourcing of all proprietary hard parts at the company. The candidate will be responsible for all phases of sourcing including supplier selection, cost saving opportunities, competitive costing, negotiate all pricing in order deliver quality products on time.
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing plan for all hard parts to ensure that company goals are achieved.
- Responsible for negotiations of best possible cost performance for all proprietary parts and tooling while managing sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Establish cost models using key commodity and industry data to ensure cost competitiveness.
- Research and anticipate changes in the global supply chain, then create plan of action.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement with key suppliers using metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to improve processes throughout the operational organization.
- Develop macro level planning models with suppliers to satisfy product launch volumes.
- Drive all supplier selection decisions for all newly developed parts.
- Provide leadership role in all communications related to new product sourcing.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ year’s relevant operations/supply chain experience
- Experience with contract manufacturing vendors
- Sourcing experience on a global basis preferred
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Advanced systems skills and working knowledge of MS Office, with advanced Excel knowledge
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
We are an E-Verify employer.