Customer Service Agent
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Position: Customer Service Agent
Location: Milton Keynes, Tilbrook
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Role
Do you take pride in delivering outstanding Customer Service?
Do you have a detailed knowledge of the cycle industry?
Would you love the opportunity to join a thriving business where your colleagues really love the product they sell?
If you are all of the above, then Trek’s Customer Service Agent role could be for you!
The successful applicant will assist with the Customer Service function for UK on a timely basis and support the wider Customer Service team with ad-hoc tasks. This involves supporting our Customer Service functions which will include weekend work.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to all Trek customers
- Take ownership of any customer service queries, ensuring that all matters are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Have a professional telephone manner and good written communication
- Liaise with all departments across the business, to ensure the timely and professional delivery of services and or products
- Availability to work weekends
- Be flexible and adaptable in your approach to customer’s needs
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints and actions taken
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Bicycle product knowledge & experience
- Can-do attitude
- Minimum 3 years’ experience dealing in a customer service environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of dealing with maintenance/technical issues preferable from within the cycle industry.
- Used to working to tight deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Ideally experienced in various IT environments and have a good grasp of the web
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Computer skills with all elements of Microsoft Office
- Cytech qualification or equivalent
- Other languages are always an asset in our European Business
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Generous staff discount/purchase scheme
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions
- Medical Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Rewards and incentives
- Regular firm wide events
No Agencies please
We are an E-Verify employer.