Sr. Director – Global Quality Assurance
Reporting to the VP of Operations. The Sr. Director is responsible for the development, direction, execution and compliance of Trek’s Corporate Quality Systems to comply with all appropriate quality regulations and standards of practice. This position requires strong leadership, a high level of strategy and organizational and communication skills are essential. Proven experience in quality assurance strategy, supplier development, metrics, scorecards, and partnership level alliances are essential.
- Develop and oversee Trek’s Quality Management System that includes – Quality Manual, Polices, Training, Global standards and SOPs
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of quality systems supporting all activities from new product development, pre-production thru manufacturing.
- Work directly with engineering for new product development ensuring that design for manufacturing, design for quality and key product characteristics (KPC) are considered, followed and implemented into production.
- Work with Engineering and Sourcing groups to Identify, approve and onboard new suppliers
- Lead teams in North America, Europe and Asia to support Quality Assurance initiatives
- Responsible for developing and implementing training curriculum for supplier development
- Lead global compliance initiatives for international and regional specific requirements
- Work directly with key suppliers and Trek’s own manufacturing facilities to support fast and flexible delivery while maintaining the highest quality standards in the industry
- Understanding of what is important to Trek’s front line – our dealers and customers – regarding initial out of the box, perceived and sustained quality.
- Responsible for benchmarking Trek against competitors and use quality as a value differentiator in the market.
- We are a fun and flexible group, so embrace other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in a scientific discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Quality assurance strategy and management, international experience is an asset
- Strong ability to multi-task, organize and synthesize existing processes into an integrated and systematic work flow will be highly valued
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills for global business coordination
- Live and Breathe Continuous improvement
- Experience in supplier training and development
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- International business experience or exposure is a strong plus
- This position is located in Taichung, Taiwan or Wisconsin, USA depending on credentials and experience.
This position is very strategic and requires strong business acumen, analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills. You must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the company including CEO level.
We are an E-Verify employer.