A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
What you'll do
This financial controller will be responsible for the finance function within the subsidiary business in Mexico. Overall responsibility will include all aspects of Financial and Management reporting for the Mexican business as well as involvement in retailer business education. The financial controller will work with a cross-functional team to ensure the business runs efficiently and profitably. Being the country financial controller of an international organization, there will be occasions which require working outside normal business hours to attend teleconferences or meetings.
- Planning and Execution of the financial and fiscal structure for Trek operations in Mexico.
- Manage the finance, accounting, financial reporting & planning, internal audit, risk management, operating and capital budget, tax, payroll, information technology and reporting systems.
- Lead and support budget development and performance metrics.
- Develop, analyze, package, and implement strategic projects
- Perform timely and insightful financial and operational analyses and present the related data. Monthly financial forecasting being a key value-add function of this role.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide visibility to and maximize profitability
- Financial analysis of margins and business performance
- Annual Budget Creation & Control
- Working capital management (Cash, A/R, Inventory being primary focus)
- Inventory on hand oversight plus key lead in managing costs to import products in country
- Support buyers with inventory forecasting to align purchases to sales plan
- Sales support and analysis
- Financial Planning (monthly financial forecast adjustment)
- Business Strategies and process reviews, implementation
- Fiscal/Tax management
- Annual audit, reporting & consolidation
- Operations and logistics oversight
- Statutory reporting and audit support
- Key management support to Country Manager
- Bilingual, with fluency in American English required.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA preferred.
- Experience in audit, controls and financial reports.
- 8 year+ accounting experience in commerce/business.
- Experience in completing IVA and Payroll tax lodgments.
- Practical general finance, tax and accounting experience.
- Experience in explaining accounting concepts to non-accountants.
- Experience supervising other staff members and conducting training sessions.
- US GAAP & IFRS
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines, high sense of urgency
- Versatile, ability to zoom in (get into details and find root causes) AND ability to zoom out (high level business strategy)
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and focus on high ROI projects
- Sound business acumen, wide and deep
- Passion for excellence and a distain for bureaucracy
- Accountable and committed
- Thinks and acts globally
- Open to ideas from anywhere and sees positive change as opportunity
- Enormous energy and the ability to inspire others
- Keen cyclist and knowledge of bicycles is desirable
We are an E-Verify employer.