Product Quality Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for dynamic, driven leader to fill the role of Product Quality Engineer (PQE). The PQE plays an integral role in delivering the highest quality products to market by supporting the development of new products, setting and tracking product quality goals, leading RCCA efforts, and using statistical analysis to identify and correct emerging field quality issues to mitigate warranty costs and impact to customers.
The ideal candidate is an engineer with a strong background in statistical analysis and ability to work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure the highest standards of product quality are achieved.
- Defines quality performance targets and metrics to accurately measure Trek’s overall market performance
- Assesses and monitors the performance of the Product Development Process through internal audits
- Participates in design reviews, risk assessments, and project planning to ensure risks to the quality objectives are identified and mitigated
- Implements post-launch field quality monitoring to track product category field quality performance
- Applies data analysis and statistical techniques to identify emerging issues and assess scope and severity
- Leads the RCCA process to completion to mitigate cost and customer impact of key issues
- Coordinates the priorities and activities of international cross-functional teams to ensure issue containment and product supply stability
- Facilitates the non-conforming material disposition decision making process for finished goods
- Champions cross-category systems improvement efforts to eliminate recurring issues
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- Proven engineering or quality assurance background
- Understanding of manufacturing, process variability, and statistical process control
- Deep understanding of common quality tools, including RCCA/8D, failure analysis, process capability studies, and gauge R&R
- Functional understanding of common design engineering tools, including DFMEA, GD&T, tolerance analysis, material properties, and DoE
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Customer service mentality and awesome communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Word, Excel)
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.