Technical Services Assistant
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Position: Technical Services Assistant
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Due to recent growth we are looking to expand our team. Working within our busy Technical Department, the primary responsibility of this position is to handle and manage claims from retailers. In addition, to support the Service Centre Technician in assessments and repairs at peak times and holidays.
- To process all claims and stock returns within 24 hours.
- To answer any e-mails from dealers or consumers within 1 working day of receipt.
- Raise awareness of recurring faults to the Customer Services Manager.
- To undertake Service Centre tasks when required.
- To maintain a safe, clean working environment.
- Excellent computer literacy skills in word, excel and e-mail applications
- 2 years + experience of dealing with maintenance/technical issues preferably within the cycle industry (Cytech Level 2/3 is also preferable).
- 1 year + experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Good educational level of English and Maths
- Good telephone skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working with staff at all levels within an organisation
In addition to fantastic opportunities for career development we offer:
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions
- Medical Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Rewards and incentives
- Regular firm wide events
We are an E-Verify employer.